You've grown so much this month. Your skinny little legs, are not so tiny any more. You have the most adorable rolls on your thighs and your little arms. I'm not sure what you weigh right now, but I'm sure it's around 11lbs. We'll find out next week at the doctors. You have graduated to Size 1 diapers. I reluctantly bought the first pack, wanting to just keep you teeny tiny! You still fit in your clothes that you've been wearing for the last two months, but many are getting a little tight. You have moved out of your baby bassinet and started sleeping in the bassinet part of your pack and play. You were getting too long for the other bassinet. You would try to stretch and kick your feet against the liner or stretch your arms out and hit the sides. We're still trying to get you to nap in your crib. This isn't going too well. You don't like your nursery much yet. You'd much rather be in mommy and daddy's room.

You've begun napping, which has been a great achievement for you and me!! You take two, sometimes three naps a day, and you're such a happier little girl because of it! Our routine consists of you waking, then we enjoy a little feeding time together, and then we're off to play. Sometimes we just lie on your blanket, listen to music, and play play play with your little toys. You don't enjoy tummy time as much, but we still do it while we're playing. You get frustrated that you can't crawl forward or flip over. You would much rather lie on your back and stare up at the light fixtures (especially the dining room chandalier or the living room fan) and play with mommy, daddy. and your toys. You also like to have staring contests with mommy and daddy (we usually win because you get bored of us!).

You took your first bottle this month, which your daddy really enjoyed. He finally got to be a part of feeding you, which he just loved. Every night daddy comes home from work, rushes to wash his hands and just grabs you up and loves on you! Then he gets your bottle, and the two of you enjoy a little time together feeding!
You've begun napping, which has been a great achievement for you and me!! You take two, sometimes three naps a day, and you're such a happier little girl because of it! Our routine consists of you waking, then we enjoy a little feeding time together, and then we're off to play. Sometimes we just lie on your blanket, listen to music, and play play play with your little toys. You don't enjoy tummy time as much, but we still do it while we're playing. You get frustrated that you can't crawl forward or flip over. You would much rather lie on your back and stare up at the light fixtures (especially the dining room chandalier or the living room fan) and play with mommy, daddy. and your toys. You also like to have staring contests with mommy and daddy (we usually win because you get bored of us!).
You took your first bottle this month, which your daddy really enjoyed. He finally got to be a part of feeding you, which he just loved. Every night daddy comes home from work, rushes to wash his hands and just grabs you up and loves on you! Then he gets your bottle, and the two of you enjoy a little time together feeding!
You really started smiling this month, and we're positive it's not just gas! You give me a little smile sometimes when I come over to your bassinet to get you up. I softly say "Emma" and rub your tummy and you start to smile. Oh Emma, that just melts my heart. It's the most wonderful feeling. When you smile, you open your mouth, and your entire face lights up. I haven't been able to justly capture it with the video camera or the digital camera, but the image is etched in my brain.
Your smiles and excitement show when we give you a bath. You are just loving bathtime!! Daddy and I usually do it together. He dumps water on you while I scrub, scrub, scrub. We sing and have a good ol' time. You don't even mind when the water drips on your face. You're going to be our water bug. We hope it's warm when we go to Sanibel so you can try out the big pool!!!
We're learning more and more about you each and every day. For example, you have different cries and we're getting pretty good at distinguishing those. There is the cry when something hurts, which we don't hear often, thank goodness. Then there's the mad cry - like when you're not ready for bedtime, but mommy and daddy say you are. And then there's the cry - that's not really mad, more just for attention, that immediately stops when you get loved on by mommy or daddy. We've learned that you have a serious preference for mommy and daddy over anyone else (which of course we don't mind!!). You get upset when anyone else tries to hold you. You also have a preference for how you're held (which I think is one reason you don't like other people holding you). Even though you are a little arm baby still, you would much rather be propped up against the shoulder so you can look out into the world, instead of tucked in the crevace of an elbow where you can't see as much.
Oh Emma. I could go on and on. I love you so much. You have totally changed my world, and I absolutely love it. What did I ever do without you?
5 comments:
2 Months!?! I can't believe it. I love how much you love being a Mom, Melissa! It's so encouraging to me as I'm just 5 months away! I can't wait to be one, too! :)
what a sweet post. i love hearing the updates of how much she is changing and i cannot believe how big she's getting! what a cutie-pie.
What a sweet post Melissa! I know one day Emma will LOVE reading and hearing about each new discovery and how you felt and what you thought as y'all grow as a family!!! Too sweet!
oh Mel I cant believe she's growing so fast but she just keeps getting more and more beautiful every day! I just love her and am so glad you started this blog so I can keep up with her from distance.. I hate being out of town!! I absolutely love the picture of her sitting on the table grinning! I cant wait to see you girls this weekend! love you both!!
I remember those days! Cherish them forever. But I can assure you they do get better! You are such a great mom and dad. Talk to you later.
Post a Comment