I took a stroll down memory lane today. Emma went down for a nap and I started washing dishes. Since we're still in the midst of a home re-model, we have no doors and I feared I was making too much noise when she started to whimper a bit. So I dove into my new pottery barn catalog. That lasted all of 3 minutes. I'm not liking their design style too much lately. Anyways. So I searched for a quiet activity and noticed my old photo albums on the book shelf. I grabbed a few to cruise through - not like I don't have an entire house to clean or anything, oh well. These pictures ranged from about 1999 and up. Can you believe that was almost ten years ago? I had a good laugh and lots of smiles while taking a trip back in time. It's a shame that these were all taken with my ol' 35 mm so I don't have any to post on the blog. Let's take a stroll, shall we?
UTC Gals, remember the night at Ziggys? Not that I'm saying we look old now, but gosh, we all looked so young!!! Kristi, I have a cute little pictures with you in blue jeans rolled up and boots! haha! I found a picture from one of Kristi's wedding showers, 4 out of 6 of us had blonde (or blonde highlighted) hair. How funny!!! I think we're all dark now, aren't we? It's crazy to think that by September, 2/3 of us will have little ones and our group will have grown from 6, to 12, to 16. Wow! Remember how it all began with our nights out after class? And how we all wished graduation would come sooner so we'd have more "free" time. HA!!!!! I'm so glad that we have stuck together after college. You're friendships mean the world to me. Can't wait to see you all Saturday at Katie's shower! yay!
Ootie folks, gosh where to start. Most of you I have known since kindergarten, so that's, over twenty years. Wow. Looking through those pictures, I saw friends that have come and gone over the years. What silly times we had. REL - MARBFH. Since I've started this blog, some long lost friends have surfaced. Meago, so glad to find you! You were in quite a few of our crazy pictures!! So were you Duane!! How about that trip to six flags - or the Braves game kiddos? We thought we were so cool on the Lexus level!!!! I had so many pictures, we must have carried the camera around with us everywhere. You guys mean the world to me too and I wouldn't trade your friendships for anything! I know it's cheesy -but it's true!!!!
I also found LOTS of pictures of Dusty and I. Oh is Emma going to have fun going through these pictures when she gets older and laughing at her silly mom and dad. Dad - you had highlighted hair?!? She'll say. And mom - you wore THAT!? But - oh mom - you were so small - what HAPPENED to you!?!!? (my biggest fear). What fun!!! Dusty - I didn't realize just how many times we have been to Sanibel!! I can't wait to add Emma to our pictures of those gorgeous beaches.
Oh well, I have rambled today. I just had to share some of the laughs I had today!! We must keep taking pictures so we can continue to look back, laugh, and treasure our times together! Love you ALL!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
aww Mel! I love trips down memory lane!! Its funny you mention hair colors, I have noticed that too in our pics over the years.. I have some pictures of Dusty and I cant believe the color he has his hair died in some of them. I have a few where his hair was so blonde it was almost orange looking and he'd wear it geled and stuff. I also have some of yours highlighted blonde.:)HAHA good times!!
Thanks for the nostalgia! I have some crazy ziggy's pics too. We will have to compare sometime. I never did snatch one of Kristi, the boots and the rolled up jeans. That is hilarious. Fun times. Oh, how we are much more mild than our old ziggy's days, or are we? Just in a different way I guess.
I'm still amazed that 7 years after our first class together, we're all still friends, hosting showers for each other, but more shocking to me is that our husbands are such great friends, too!
I came across pictures from our first trip to the Crane river house and I can relate to what you said about how young we all looked!
Good times.
Yeah we did think we were the stuff on the Lexus level! And as I recall the ride home was fun being soaked...oh wait that was just Rel and I! Anyways I am glad to reconnect and I hope to have more memories with you guys. Emma is looking prettier and prettier!
Post a Comment