Just three months short of a year, kiddo! Gracious! Unfortunately, I have not posted much since your last monthly post. Needless to say, the days have been busy busy for all of us.
You have contined to grow each and every day. Daddy took a picture of you the other day while I was at work. When I saw it, I thought, my Emma looks like a big girl! My baby girl is growing up too quickly!
You love to lean as far forward as you can when you're in your stroller!
Your favorite thing to do this month has been clapping. You learned this fabulous trick and love to do it! If daddy or I say, "Clap! Clap!", you smile and clap! If we say, "Yay!!" You clap! Daddy was upstairs the other day and you and I downstairs and he said Yay, and you smiled this huge, open mouthed smile, and clapped! If I say, "If you're happy and you know it..." You start clapping before I get to the clap your hands part. And of course, if we say "Patty cake" you start clapping! What a smart girl you are!
Another new feat this month is your crawling stance. You now get up on all fours and rock forwards and backwards as if you're about to take off! You haven't quite mastered the crawl yet though. You have attempted to move forward, but collapse down on your tummy. You can move backwards though, and tend to get yourself stuck under furniture or in other crazy places!
"Guys, I'm uhhh.....stuck..."
"But it's Ok, I'm good!"
You started riding in the shopping cart this month. You just think you're big stuff when you cruise around in the shopping cart. Everyone else does too - people are always stopping to say how cute you are. Of course, we already know that!
Your hair is growing back in slowly. There still is a baldspot on the back of your little head! I think it's because you love to rub the back of your head on things: on the mattress when you're sleeping, on pillows, on the back of your high chair.
Still no teeth! We've had some rough nights where we thought SURELY you'd have a tooth pop through, but still nothing. You like to bite things (and me!) to soothe those little gums. You discovered that your tongue can twist around in your mouth. You just love to twist it!
You've spent this month playing with daddy, playing with mommy, and visiting with friends and family. Daddy started working part time on the weekends, so you and I have lots of mommy and Emma time during the weekends. I'm not going to complain! I love getting to play with you!
Spring is in the air, so I am looking forward to us getting out as a family and playing in the park! What a fun spring we're going to have. Until next month my little sugarplum!
3 comments:
Mel she is so so so grown up! She looks like an adult trapped in a teeny body! How is she that big already? And so beautiful!
Aww I'm so glad I looked at this; she's just so adorable I can't get over it! I can't believe it's been 9 months either. How time flies!
PS Great idea to leave a blog for her to read later - it'll be weird but fun in the coming years!
I saw plopper in one of the pictures! :) Glad you like your new snuggle puppy Em! I cant wait to see your crawl stance in person this weekend! I have already been lucky enough to experience your clapping and I cant get enough! See in you in a few days! :)
Post a Comment