Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Awnry Emma

I am just amazed at how something so little - 13 days old to be exact - can have such a little personality. Then again, I should have known. She had a little personality when she was inside of me. When we went for our 20 week ultrasound to find out if she was a Jack or an Emma, she cooperated, for a minute. She let us know that she was in fact an Emma and then decided that was all we needed to know. The technician could not persuade her to cooperate any more!!! Other times she's stretch her little self out inside of me and stick her hiner way out. When I'd tell her Daddy to feel my tummy and feel her, she'd move away quickly. Well, she's still like that. Some times when we're feeding she just attacks and goes for it. Other days, like this morning, she doesn't want much to do with it - or not when mommy wants her to. She purses her little lips together and turns her head away as if to say, nope, not gonna do it.

She also likes to make her body stiff as a board, so when you go to burp her, you can't get her over your shoulder because she's making this incredible arch with her back. Maybe she's working on her flexibility so she'll have beautiful blue birds one day when she dances Snow Queen or Sugar Plum - :) She kind of looks like she's meditating sometimes with her arms and feet crossed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lil Miss Em looks like a Buddha statue in that second picture. I love it!

Jessica & Terry Baker said...

I love all the pics! Glad the family is doing well and looks like Emma is having lots of fun. Check out the twins! www.thebakerbabies.blogspot.com