Sunday, April 10, 2011

3 Months and there is hope...









Jack Attack! Already a quarter of a year old! My goodness little guy, where is the time going? Three months have come and gone, and you have grown and changed so much during that time. You have gone from a VERY fussy Pepper Jack to a sweet, chubby, smiley guy: our little Happy Jack. It's so much fun to just snuggle and smile with you. You are still very wide-eyed, almost to the point you look terrified at times. You especially have this look when sissy talks a bit too loud and too close to you. You'll get her back one day, I'm sure. You are usually quiet, taking the world in, but at times you work up enough energy to start cooing a bit. You've almost laughed a few times. I can't wait to hear that sweet sound.


You are our snuggle bug. Maybe it's because you were born in the winter, during a big snow no less, I'm not sure, but you absolutely LOVE to be snuggled in a blanket. If you are crying and upset, all we need to do is get one of your fuzzy blankets and snuggle you up to your chin and you are quite content. At night, since we don't want you sleeping with a blanket, you have some sleepsacks which you seem to love as well. Anything to keep you warm and you're happy.


You are absolutely enthrawled with your sister. You love to watch her anytime she is near you. You can be crying and when she comes up to you, you calm right down. She can make you smile very quickly. You love to reach out and touch her or try to lean your head on her. If you're on your back, you turn your little neck as far as you can go just to watch her go by.


We're still struggling to get you on a schedule. We've definitely failed Babywise with you, but oh well. Our little family is doing the best we can. Just this week, you have taken quite a few naps in your crib in your room. For the past few months if we even walked in your room you started crying. In the last week you have also started sleeping in your room. After a very long and rough night of crying, Daddy and I decided you were evicted. We love you very much, but needed to get you in your room in hopes that you would sleep better. It worked. The first night in your room you slept 7 hours. You've been up and down in your length of sleep, but I finally feel like we're heading in a positive direction.


You are such a wonderful addition to our little family. We love all of your little rolls and your happy smiles. We're so thankful that God has blessed us with you.



































3 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks just like Emma did at that age! I'm glad to hear things are going better with Jack. How are things for Emma?

Allyson said...

I am SO THANKFUL things are so much better!!!! I can't wait to meet the little guy! By the way--LOVE the plaid hat!

Meagan said...

He's such a little cutie! His eyes are so pretty! I am VERY glad things are settling down and your little family is reaching a "happy place" LOL!