Sunday, November 15, 2009

Words have escaped me...

I'm not sure where time has gone. I'm not quite sure where the days or weeks have gone. We thought we were busy when we had a newborn. We were very wrong. Our little 16 month old toddler is everywhere and into everything. We didn't cherish those tummy time days nearly enough! I can only imagine how quickly the months will fly once Emma is in school and joining all sorts of activities.

It has been over two months since I last posted. Two months since I felt like I even had a few moments to sit down and craft up some thoughts about our lives. On top of the daily busyness, we've loaded up our computer, with only about 2GB left of space. Needless to say, I haven't been able to upload any pictures since before our trip to Florida (which I haven't written about either).

Emma is getting to be such a big girl, learning new words and sounds every day. Her favorites lately are:
"moor" - more (while still doing the sign for it which has been her favorite for months now)
"dah" dog
"shoos" - shoes (this girl loves shoes)
"joos" - juice
"cheese" - cheese - whether it's dairy or smiling for the camera
"guck" -duck (not sure where the g has come from"
"bah" - bottle
"bal" - ball (which she loves to throw and kick)
"bzzzzzzzz" - emma what do bee's say?
"mooooooooo" - emma what do cow's say?
"eeeeeeeeeear" - ear
"b-bo" - Bebo - or Belly Button if you haven't read the book
"baaaaabeee" - babies, or pictures of just about anyone

In addition to her "words", Emma is constantly making noise, and mimicking whatever we do. She loves to sing. She loves to dance even more. Dusty will sit and play piano, and Emma spins and spins. She loves music. She also loves to come to the studio with me. She finds it so intriguing to watch the big girls dance. I so hope that she too will treasure the art of ballet as I always have.

I feel like there's so much to write about Emma, yet words have escaped me. She's changing so much. She is such a big girl. She loves to read stories. My favorite is when she brings me books and crawls into my lap. She will follow short commands, like bring me that ball, or throw this away (she loves to throw things away). As I said before, she's into everything.

We're still working on the house - maybe, just maybe, one day it will be done. We halted some projects to work on a special place for Emma. She now has half of our downstairs dedicated to her toys. We call it Emma's Playland. We bought 4 bookshelves and lots of baskets for organization. It's the perfect spot for her to play tea, knock down the blocks that I build, or just cruise back and forth with her toys.

I hopefully will purchase additional space for pictures soon, because I'm sure you'd much rather see pictures than listen to my rambling.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

You have inspired me! We're going to turn the Sunroom into a playroom for Gavin (eventually!). I love the bookshelves with baskets idea--I'm stealing it! :) And now I'll turn into Kindergarten teacher to tell you what I did in my classroom and you're welcome to steal it (although you probably already thought of it knowing you!). I'm going to either take a picture of the object that goes in the basket or get one off the internet and have the word under it to tape to the outside of the basket--this helps with learning to sort and learning to read! :)

Meagan said...

Hey girl! It's so good to hear an update!!! I can't wait to see pictures! I know just how busy life gets, and although I don't have a baby around, I do have a 5 year old around most of the time now and I can tell you it doesn't let up any time soon! :-)