Sunday, November 9, 2008

Four Months!


Well Miss Em, four months old today! It has been a very busy and very hard month. Like all the others, this month has flown by! I went back to work this month, which has been the hardest thing I have ever done. When I feed you in the morning, I don't want to put you back in the crib! I wish I could just take you with me every day! Leaving you will never get easier, but we will make it through! You have had a great time, though, with your daddy! You guys have so much fun playing all day!



You have learned new things this month. You have started playing with toys, or just about anything, that we put in front of you. You love your little aquarium playmat with the fishies that hang down and love it when daddy adds new toys to it! You also love playing with your little crab. Everything you grab instantly goes to your mouth for a taste test!
You have been trying out new shapes with your mouth - the latest is that you have found out you have lips. You have been making faces sucking in your lips, looking like a little old lady without teeth. We've tried to take a picture, but you stop as soon as we get the camera out!

You laughed, really laughed, this month. We were playing on the floor one day, and I kept saying "Hey Kiddo" and you just got a huge kick out of it. Your laugh is so cute, with a little giggle in it! You've done it a few times since the first laugh, and every time you do, your daddy and I act silly over and over again, just to make you laugh again!


You took your first overnight trip this month, going to Knoxville with mommy and daddy. You did so well in the hotel. You'll be a good little traveler.



You're a growing girl, about 15 lbs and 24 inches long. You're full of smiles and such a lovable little girl. We love you!

4 comments:

Allyson said...

I think she's looking more and more like Dusty! What do you think?

You can tell how much she loves you in that video. She's just watching you and watching you! I know she misses you during the day as much as you miss her!

ariel said...

What a great post! So exciting all of the firsts she has had this month! Dont forget about her first Halloween and first time dressed up like a lobster! and only time I'm sure.. :) I love the video!! The laughing made me laugh so much! Happy 4th Emma! Cant wait to hear about all of your other firsts and hopefully experience one or two!

-brittany- said...

Cute cute pictures. I love her little vest. Blue looks so good on her, but what I love even more is her sweet little laugh. I know you guys would do anything just to hear that over and over again. So sweet! Happy 4 months, Emma!

Meagan said...

She is too stinkin' cute! You look great too, by the way!! They grow SO fast!