Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Trip to K-town and Some New Discoveries

Since returning to work, it has been harder to write these posts. By the time I get home at night, all I want to do is spend time with my Emma and Dusty and then go to bed! It has been harder than I thought adjusting to the return to work. I'm working four ten hour days so that I can have longer weekends with my family. Right now, it's taking a toll. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon, though!

This week I had a conference to attend in Knoxville, so Dusty and Emma came along. There was no way I was going to spend a single night away from my little girl!! We spent two nights, but from the look of the CRV, you would have thought we were going away for a month! Dusty strategically packed the vehicle, carefully fitting in all the necessities from the pack and play, to the swing, to Emma's aquarium play mat! This was her first time spending the night away from home, so we wanted to make sure we had everything we might possibly need. Emma did so well! We were worried she may not sleep through the night in a different place, but she slept like a champ!

In other news, last Sunday Emma made a new discovery - the toys that hang down in front of her on her aquarium play mat or that mommy and daddy dangle in front of her, can be touched!! She was so excited when she made this realization - hitting her little fishies and making them swing back and forth! She's starting to hold her toys too, and exam them while in front of her!

Here is my first attempt at placing a video on here. Hope it works. Not only is Emma playing with her fishies in this clip, but she's also singing as daddy plays the piano. Warning, this video is probably only wildly entertaining to Emma's mommy and daddy! Fast forward as you please.

4 comments:

Allyson said...

I can't believe how much she's talking on there! I love it! Hooray for long weekends with her, too!

Becca said...

too cute! i love the video.

The Chappelears said...

Wildly entertaining to me too! Maybe it is just a new mommy thing???

ariel said...

Oh my gosh, I love the video! I dont know how I missed this post before but am glad I see it now. The video is so sweet. I'm glad you were able to capture her talking so much and I love how she sings with the music!