Emma, I write this post tonight with a heavy heart. Today was the last day of my maternity leave and tomorrow I return to work. I have such a feeling of sadness deep down inside. I love my job, but I do not want to leave you for one minute.
I have been dreading this day since before you were born. I cannot tell you how sad I am about leaving you. I wish that circumstances were different and I could spend every day with you. I am thankful, however, that your daddy is getting to take some time off and spend with you. I am sure the two of you will have a wonderful time together and get to bond just as you and I have been able to.
These past three months have been the greatest three months of my life. Never in my life have I experienced such joy, happiness, and love as I have with you. From the moment they put you on my belly and we locked eyes, looking at each other as if we'd known each other forever, until now, it has been absolutely the most incredible experience of my life. I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with my little Emma.
I dread not spending every minute with you. From the time you get up in the morning, when I lean over to get you out of your crib and you smile and squirm around in pure delight when you know it's me, to tummy time in the living room, I don't want to miss a moment. I don't want to miss all of your little firsts, seconds, and thirds. It is absolutely killing me. I love you my dear Miss Em. I promise, though, that I will be there every early morning to get my snuggle and your feed in, and every evening for your night time snack and snuggle into my shoulder before you fall asleep.
Thank you Em for these past three months. You have changed my life in ways you'll never understand until you have a little one of your own, and I am forever thankful for you. I love you.
3 comments:
What a precious post Melissa! You definitely conveyed the love you feel for Miss Em. Praying for you today!
ok so I am crying after reading that post. I would be lying if I said it gets easier but it doesn't... it gets harder. How was your first day?
Aw! Okay, thanks for making my misty eyed! lol.
So sorry you have to go back to work... I can't imagine how hard that is!!!!!
I love the pictures of you two in your UT stuff - great!!!
Post a Comment