Well, our New Year's Eve celebration was wild and crazy this year! We wrapped up hours before the new year actually arrived, but we still had fun. The Moncriefs and two of the McKennas joined us for a small celebration at the Crane household. It's crazy that last year at our gathering I was pregnant, Kristi was just sharing with us that she was pregnant, Brittany was coming in on the last month or so of her pregnancy, and Katie was just about pregnant (or pregnant and didn't know it yet!). Now here we were, playing with our little ones!
It's hard to believe 2008 has come to an end! What an amazingly wonderful year! This year has just flown by. We spent the first half of the year preparing for our little Emma's arrival. I cannot believe that this time last year I was sick, sick, sick with "Baby Crane". We had just bought our new house and were trying to get settled. We learned never to try to move around the holidays while being pregnant and very sick. Then came the remodeling projects around the house - the kitchen disaster with Lowes (have I told you lately not to shop there!?), the hardwood floors and fun replacement of the sub-floors, the painting, shall I go on!? My most favorite projects were decorating Emma's room, shopping for her furniture, and getting all of her baby things ready. (I loved going into her nursery while I was pregnant and just sitting and dreaming about Emma, what she would be like, and how anxious I was to meet her.) We were able to squeeze in a babymoon during the first few months of the year, going on a quick cruise and enjoying some time just the two of us before the baby. Finally it was time for our Emma-bear! July 9, 2008 was the most amazing day of my life. I will vividly remember that day for the rest of my life. I am not sure what happened to the year after her arrival. My maternity leave seemed to be over in a blink of the eye and my little Emma was no longer so little. Although it seemed so ver short, it was a wonderful year. How God has blessed us over and over this year with our little family.
Now here we are, 2009. It'll be my baby's first birthday before we know it. So many more firsts are ahead for Emma and our family and so many exciting adventures. Here's to another great year.
2 comments:
I just love the pics of the little ones and reminiscing about the year with you! It was such a fun time getting ready for miss Em and an even better time once she got here. I'm so glad she stopped crying for her Auntie REL and started talking and giggling and smiling at me! Here's to another fabulous year!!
So fun! Thanks for having us over and of course thinking of all the extras such as tierras! I love the pics you got. I am hoping to blog mine sometime this week. I am finally getting caught up to Christmas!
Post a Comment